Storytelling is a wonderful way to share stories and ideas without the pressure of having to read them. This makes it an ideal way for young children to get creative.
Try is at home!
- Explain what's in your drawings and artwork.
- Retell a story from a book with objects, or act it out.
- Make up your own story with objects or figures collected in a basket.
- Tell a story about what you see in a photo or picture.
- Use a 'roll a story' like the one attached below.
- Take it in turns to each say a sentence of a story. It will soon build into a very silly story.
- Have fun! Your story can take you anywhere and let you do anything!