Oakley Infant School
EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSURE
In the event of severe weather, both schools will endeavour to remain open. However, there may be times when this proves impossible e.g. if we have insufficient staff or are unable to provide school meals. A decision to close will be made as early as possible but this may not be until 8.30a.m. when we know which staff have been able to get in to school. (N.B. This may not be the same decision for both Infant and Junior Schools.)
1. We will try to remain open if at all possible
2. If a decision to close is made, we will communicate in the following ways:
No message = school open or decision yet to be made
3. Please do not phone the school as this prevents us from making and receiving essential calls, especially contact with staff.
4. If school is able to open in inclement weather, you must decide if it is safe for you to travel.
5. If conditions deteriorate during the day and you would like to collect your child, please do so. Please do not phone.